Moroccan kingdom’s government considers the city of Marrakech a tourist pole with distinction. International media institutions describe it as the “city of happy residents”. Africa’s first cultural capital for 2020. The Medina, where Jemaâ El Fna Square is, Moroccan traditional houses, ancient palaces, and museums. Marrakech Medina is a tourist destination for the major figures of finance, business, politics, sports, art, and culture. Let get to know more about it then!
Marrakech medina structure and design
What is it like to live in the Marrakech medina neighborhoods?
Facts about Marrakech medina you did not know
– Marrakech contains one of the largest souks in the kingdom of Morocco where you can find anything.
– It is famous for the handicraft and ceramic fabric, and it is also famous for carpentry and blacksmithing work.
– It is famous for its stray cats.
– One of its most popular drinks is Moroccan mint tea. Besides, they prepare couscous and Tanjia, which tourists adore.
– The Marrakech International Film Festival is held every year in the city. Many international actors and actresses, as well as directors, from Hollywood and Bollywood, do not hesitate to come and enjoy the palm city’s charm.
Marrakech medina’s future
Many world tourism sites rank Marrakech as the best and largest tourist destination. Also, the title reflects the admiration of people for this old city. Its red walls, and other historical monuments dating back to the eleventh century. So, people, today must protect it, this is the only way to ensure the survival of this historic ancient city for the next generations.